- MatScience21 is a blended program, meaning your child will learn through online curriculum and through in-person tutoring and group work at a Learning Center. This allows us to leverage the convenience of anytime, anywhere technology and the power of personal tutoring to help your child achieve his or her learning goals.
- MatScience21 is built on the project-based learning model, which enables your child to gain a deep understanding of concepts by applying them in real-world scenarios.
- MatScience21 develops in your child skills such as collaboration, communications, creativity and critical thinking that are essential to succeed in the 21st century.
- Parents can message or email their child’s Instructor with their questions or doubts.
- Stop by and talk to the instructor at the Learning Center.
- Access the online Knowledge Center that contains overviews and lessons of topics that your child is learning, but framed in the context that parents can relate to. This will help them understand the topics and concepts and help their child as well as enable having productive and meaningful discussions about those topics.
- Every Parent of a MatScience21 student is part of a Community Forum, where they can exchange ideas and notes with other MatScience21 parents. Parents who are interested can volunteer to help with students whose parents are not able to help for any number of reasons. We are building a community of learners, children and adults alike, and we would love you to take ownership of this forum.
No. All you need is a desktop or laptop computer, and a broadband Internet connection.
Students need to come to a Learning Center once a week for 2 to 2.5 hours. In addition, they may be required to put in another 2 – 3 hours of work through the week in online lessons, assignments, and individual and group projects. You may spread these 2-3 hours over 5 to 6 days, in a manner that suits your lifestyle and keeping with your child’s other activities.
MatScience21 has built-in Messaging and Email. Students can send email or message to their Instructor to get help on their assignments and project work if they need. We also encourage students to help one another, as we value collaborative learning.
At MatScience21, we believe strongly in working with the parents to help their child achieve their learning goals.
We will first work with you and your child to determine your child’s learning goals. Lessons, Assignments and projects will be tailored to move your child progressively towards these goals. We will provide you with dashboards and performance reports that will continually inform you as to how your child is doing, and how you can help.
The online curriculum at MatScience21 is Odyssey, developed by Compass Learning, who provide Common Core and Standards Based curriculum to K-12 schools all over USA. In addition, we follow a proprietary project-based learning (PBL) curriculum that is designed to develop deep and versatile understanding of concepts in students. These curricula are delivered in a collaborative learning environment.